Before Installing the Workflow
In this article we'll learn about:
- How to prepare the Workstation / Server
- Which additional programs must be installed
- Which additional programs can be installed optionally
Meeting these installation requirements will provide optimal results for the end user
1. System Requirements
|CPU||> 3 Ghz, 8 Cores (minimum 4 Cores)
|Harddisk||1 TB, SDD PCIe Based (minimum 1 TB SSD SATA3)
|RAM||64 GB (minimum 32 GB)
|Network||10 Gbit/s (minimum 1 Gbit/s)
|Monitor||Resolution: 1920 x 1080|
2. Installing a new Workflow Server
2.1. Network configuration
Note the following points:
- The IP address of the Workflow Server must be a static address.
- The Proxy Server for local connections should be deactivated.
- The Server must have be accessible through the following Ports:
- 8081 – for communication with the backend
- 8989 – for the barcode service of the backend (only required in conjunction with the VDP option)
- 445 – SMB
- If Durst Analytics is operated on the same network, the port 8090 of the Analytics PC must also be accessible.
- Internet access must be available
- Administrator rights are required
2.2. Energy Saver options
To prevent the server from automatically entering standby mode, the following change must be made to the power options  in the Windows Control Panel:
Control Panel -> Advanced Power Settings > High Performance
Figure 1: Power Options are available in the Control Panel.
2.3. Additional required software
The following software must be installed on each Workflow machine:
- Google Chrome https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html
- Adobe Acrobat Reader http://reader.acrobat.com
The following software can be optionally installed:
- ColorLogic ColorAnt https://colorlogic.de/en/colorant/
- Callas pdfToolbox https://www.callassoftware.com/en/products/pdftoolbox
Presets for Adobe Reader or Acrobat Pro DC
In order for Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat Pro to display the contents of a PDF file as it will appear in print form, certain default settings must be made in these two applications. Please read the article Acrobat Preferences.
2.3.1. Software for remote maintenance
2.3.2. Support for Measurement Devices
Links to the Measurement Device drivers are listed below:
- Barbieri Spectro Driver incl. Barbieri Gateway – http://www.barbierielectronic.com/en/service/downloads-software/100-42
- X-Rite Driver – https://www.xrite.com/i1pro/support
- Konica Minolta – https://www.konicaminolta.com/instruments/download/software/color/index.html
3. Updating the Workflow
If you want to update the Workflow, you should check in advance whether your license still has a valid maintenance contract. Only versions of the Workflow that are published before the end of the maintenance contract can be installed.
Information regarding your License Status is explained in detail under the System Status article.