The Barbieri Spectro LFP qp measurement device is controlled by the Workflow via an Ethernet connection.
- The Calibration chart is correctly aligned using the alignment marks on the measurement table.
- The measurement process is started in the Workflow.
- The measurement device starts to move down the horizontal and vertical alignment bars and returns to the original position to perform the calibration measurement steps.
- After calibration is complete, the measurement device resets itself and the process is aborted.
First check whether the measurement process via USB is working properly. If the measuring device does not work via the Ethernet connection, proceed as follows:
Check the Gateway Software version
Open Barbieri Gateway and make sure you are using the most recent version of the Gateway Software. The following versions are currently available here:
|Operating System||Software Version|
|Mac OS (10.10 - 10.15) Catalina||Gateway 4.5|
|Mac older versions||Gateway 4.4|
|Windows (64 bit)||Gateway 4.5|
|Windows (32 bit)||Gateway 4.5|
Check the current firmware version of your device as follows:
- Open the Barbieri Gateway Software
- Click on the Settings button  in the menu to the left
- Under the Communication Port drop-down menu  make sure that USB is selected (this is important because updating the Firmware regardless of the type of device must be carried out using the USB connection).
- Under the Instrument Connection Type drop-down  make sure that Direct USB is selected.
- Take a look at the current Firmware Version in the footer of the Gateway Software 
- Now click on the Tools button  above the Settings button and locate the Firmware Update button .
- Click on Start Firmware Update  to begin the update process.
Updating Firmware can only be executed using a direct USB connection between the Measurement Device and the Gateway Software.
Please always refer to the official Barbieri Gateway User Manual which is available for download below: