Mapping the printing process from uploading data to Die Cutting can often be a complex undertaking in larger organisations:
- These processes must be able to be (a) integrated into existing structures and/or (b) must be able to function and work as stand alone structure systems.
- The operation of such processes has to be intuitive and understandable for every user in the process chain, but must also be flexible enough to use it on personal computers, tablets or smartphones.
- Its also clear that recurring processes must be both reproducible and accurate and compatible with other systems where data needs to be exchanged.
The Workflow is a powerful tool that maps the entire prepress process from the source file to the final rendered print data. The flexibility and power behind the Workflow relies on the integration of the best technology & software partners in industry and this includes everything from PDF tools, color management and RIP technologies coupled with bleeding edge operational technology based on a Client-Server model. The Workflow covers a diverse range of processes such as data management, data preparation, print output optimisation and rendering of print data. The Workflow runs on a Windows based server and serves up a backend that can handle complex functions and tasks with a front end that offers users a clear, efficient and easy to use, platform-independent web browser based solution.
Apart from the fact that our Workflow is optimised for the Google Chrome browser which is one of the most modern, secure and fastest interfaces, we pride ourselves on the fact that no installation is necessary on the user side to harness the power of the Workflow. Additionally, we offer specific Plug-ins, which provide additional features connected to the Workflow that enable the user to apply Variable Data, Barcodes, etc.
On the backend, we have cherry picked and integrated key technology from our pool of market proven software partners. the development of the Workflow relies heavily on the cooperation and partnerships in the tech industry which allowed us to integrate extremely complex systems into our software. We have continued to collaborate and formulate solutions by combining our expertise in the industry with other companies specialty knowledge and resources.
Our Tech Partners
Callas Software (D): The PDF Preflight and Fixups as well as the Impose functionality and the output via APDFL (Adobe PDF Library) are based on the integration of the SDKs pdfToolbox and pdfChip from callas. The Preflight technology in Acrobat DC was also developed by callas for Adobe.
ColorLogic (D): The implementation of color management is based on the implementation of Cross Color-X technology by ColorLogic's color experts. The integration is limited to the use of the color calculator and the possibilities of profiling.
Global Graphics (GB): The implementation of rendering and screening is based on the implementation of the Harlequin Host Renderer, better known on the market under the name Harlequin RIP, as well as ScreenPro, the screening engine of Global Graphics (GB). Advanced technologies such as PrintFlat from Global Graphic are available for the integrated modules.
In addition to our primary technology partners, we also rely on the SDKs from tech partners who offer their hardware and software components within the Workflow environment. These include Barbieri, xRite, Konica Minolta and many printer manufacturers.
The Workflow is available as an open system. This is reflected in the fact that the:
- Preflight and correction (Fixup) profiles from Acrobat Pro DC can be used in the Workflow
- all color profiles contained in the Workflow can also be used in other programs
- RestAPIs are available for the integration of leading ERP or machine control systems
- We use open standards such as XML, JDF, XJDF, Json etc.
The Workflow system offers modules that can be expanded/extended at any time and adapted to fit personal requirements. These modules include solutions for:
- Variable Data handling for images, texts, colors, shapes and barcodes based on information from dynamic generators or databases
- Ink Cost calculation per print file as well as the entire Imposition
- Color management and the optimisation of applied color in the printing system
- File management and the associated structured storage and semantic classification of print files
- The structuring of Orders as well as managing information essential for the Order and/or Order Items
- Preflighting and the display of production-relevant and production-critical information
- The manual or automated preparation of print data
- Color matching in comparison to existing color templates
- The creation of Color Books and Grid Charts
- The integration of common ERP systems
- and much more
The Workflow ensures that
- Print data is structured and stored in a efficient and accessible manner
- Order information is managed as simply and efficiently as possible, also stores information regarding Approvals and Reports
- Order Status can be audited at any time by operators
- Transparency throughout the entire process between customer support, prepress technicians, printers and controlling departments
- The Preflighting of print data is carried out immediately when the data is checked in
- Readable test reports are available for customer communication
- Data Preparation and visual confirmation of changes can be made almost entirely in the browser
- Customised content can be generated on the basis of predefined data sets or input options via the browser
- Order- and Production Job related variable costs (ink and substrate consumption) are available directly after the print data has been Preflighted
- A Color accurate reproduction of the print result on the selected substrate can be achieved and users will be provided with information about deviations in color from defined values
- The Ink Consumption for the individual print items can be managed by intelligent color metrics, thus allowing considerable financial savings based on profiles used.
- Color accurate outputs can be produced across not only printing systems but also substrates as well without editing print data.
- Imposing/Nesting can be prepared in just a few steps, saving material, and time by applying templates which represent recurring patterns or layouts based on cutting dies, stamps, etc.
- All process steps are logged and made available for tracking or controlling purposes
- Our Protocol system allows you to reprint Production Jobs at any time, even if processes, materials or printer parameters have changed
- System setup is quite simple as all processes are mapped via our browser-based system
- There are no significant hardware or software system requirements for the end device