In this Article we'll learn,
- How to install the Workflow
- Which requirements there are for the system
- How to license the Workflow
The minimum hardware and software-specific requirements for installing the Workflow are:
|CPU||> 3Ghz, 8 Core (minimum 4 Core) Processor|
|Harddrive||1 TB, SSD PCIe Based (minimum 1 TB SSD Sata 3)|
|RAM||64 GB (minimum 32 GB)
|Network Card||10 Gbit/s (minimum 1 Gbit/s)|
|For intallation and maintenance:|
|Monitor||Resolution: 1920 x 1080|
The following steps are essential for installing the Workflow:
- Download the current installer. (Please contact your service partner to obtain the installer)
- Start the installation by running the installer.
- Confirm the start of the installation by confirming the "open as admin" query. Click on Install .
Figure 1: Installation Step 1 – Ready to Install
- In the next Step – Select Drives, the following parameters must be selected:
- Database Drive: This is the drive used for the PMS database (this should be the fastest drive available in the system)
- File Management Drive: This is the drive where the files that are used by the Workflow can be accessed (this should be the drive with the largest storage capacity)
- CPU Core Count: You should enter the number of physical CPU Cores here.
Figure 2: Installation Step 2 – Select Drives
- Click Next  and check the configuration settings.
- Confirm the dialog by clicking on Yes .
Figure 3: Installation Step 3 – Check the Configuration
- The Workflow Installation is now complete.
- Close the installation by clicking on Finish.
If the installation was successful, the following directories were created:
Program directory: C:\Program Files\PPD Database directory: C:\PMS_DATA\PMSDataBase Data directory: D:\PMS_DATA\FileManagement
After the installation is complete, all Services (PMS, ZuniComm, PostgreSQL) are started. You can access the Workflow using Chrome by entering the following URL:
- http://127.0.0.1:8081 – URL for accessing the Workflow on the Workflow-Server itself
- http://IP-ADDRESS:8081 – URL for accessing the Workflow for all Clients on the network
Contact your IT administrator for the IP address of the Workflow.
The licensing is carried out differently depending on the installed version.
- Workflow Version 0.7.0 to 1.15.2: Learn all the details about licensing, updating, and transferring a license to a new hardware in the article Licensing up to version 1.16.0.
- Workflow version from 1.16.0: Find out all the details about the various licensing questions in the linked articles:
Article update: Workflow version 1.16.0 - 08/2023