Log In to start the Workflow
Every program has it's unique characteristics. Defining the nomenclature, utilising available tools and understanding the user interface are essential for the user to harness the full potential of the Workflow. In this chapter, we'll take our first look at the Workflow and learn about:
- How to Log In to the Workflow
- Navigating within the Workflow
- Where to find essential Tools
- Which Editors are available to you
- How different Menus and Menu-actions are structured
The Workflow is a browser-based User Interface acting as a catalyst between the user and server-based data processing. Although we have followed the standard operating conventions for software and web browsers, you will certainly encounter and experience new types of interactions which integrate powerful graphic programs at your finger tips.
This chapter introduces these operations. Experienced users should also take a quick glance, as we promise at least one or two surprises...
1. Logging in to the Workflow
To begin using the Workflow, you must start the browser, open a new window/tab and enter the URL:
If you have successfully connected to the Workflow, the Log In window will appear.
Choice of browser
Our recommendations for browser choice and settings can be found under the section System Requirements.
Access to the system
The URL (
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX) used to access the Workflow is determined when the Workflow is installed. You can get the URL from your administrator.
2. Log In screen
After entering the URL, the Log In window will appear, prompting you to enter your User name  and Password . Click on Log In  to go directly to the start page of the Workflow.
In addition to logging in, the Log In dialog offers the following functions and information:
- The Version Number  and type of License  is displayed
- A warning message  will alert you when the license expires
- The possibility to import a new License is available via the License Information link .
- A list of all users currently logged on to the system can be displayed using Logged in Users .