In this article we'll learn about:
- How to prepare the Workstation (Server),
- Which additional programs must be installed, and
- Which additional programs can be installed optionally.
Meeting these installation requirements will provide optimal results for the end user.
|CPU||> 3 Ghz, 8 Cores (minimum 4 Cores)
|Harddisk||1 TB, SDD PCIe Based (minimum 1 TB SSD SATA3)
|RAM||64 GB (minimum 32 GB)
|Network||10 Gbit/s (minimum 1 Gbit/s)
|Monitor||Resolution: 1920 x 1080|
Note the following points:
- The IP address of the Workflow Server must be a static address.
- The Proxy Server for local connections should be deactivated.
- The Server must have be accessible through the following Ports:
- 8081 – for communication with the backend
- 8989 – for the barcode service of the backend (only required in conjunction with the VDP option)
- 445 – SMB
- If Durst Analytics is operated on the same network, the port 8090 of the Analytics PC must also be accessible.
- Internet access or at least the URL https://ua.wfc.durst-group.com must be available.
- Administrator rights are required.
To prevent the server from automatically entering standby mode, the following change must be made to the power options in the Windows Control Panel:
Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > High Performance 
Figure 1: Power Options are available in the Control Panel .
The following software must be installed on each Workflow machine:
- Google Chrome https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html
- Adobe Acrobat Reader http://reader.acrobat.com
The following software can be optionally installed:
- Microsoft Edge https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge
- ColorLogic ColorAnt https://colorlogic.de/en/colorant/
- callas pdfToolbox https://www.callassoftware.com/en/products/pdftoolbox
Presets for Adobe Reader or Acrobat Pro DC
In order for Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat Pro to display the contents of a PDF file as it will appear in print form, certain default settings must be made in these two applications. Please read the article Acrobat Preferences.
Please consider the possibility that in the future you may want to allow remote access for a Durst technician to perform diagnostic or maintenance work, installations, updates, etc. We urge you to install the following programs on the server in advance:
For the Measurement Devices from the manufacturers Barbieri, X-Rite and Konica Minolta the following drivers should be installed:
- Barbieri: Barbieri Spectro Driver incl. Barbieri Gateway and Firmware – http://www.barbierielectronic.com/en/service/downloads-software/100-42
- X-Rite: Firmware and driver – https://www.xrite.com/service-support/x-rite-download-support
- Konica Minolta: FD 9 Firmware and driver – https://www.konicaminolta.com/instruments/download/software/color/index.html
- Techkon: Firmware and driver https://www.techkon.com/support-en.html
If you want to update the Workflow, you should check in advance whether your license still has a valid maintenance contract. Only versions of the Workflow that are published before the end of the maintenance contract can be installed.
Article Update: 1.16.0 – 08/2023